Steel or GRP Fibreglass Garage Doors?
Steel Garage Doors
Steel doors are very strong and the powder coat finish is especially tough, so if you want trouble-free durability this is probably the door for you.
- Look - Available in multiple styles, colours and finishes
- Strength- One of the strongest, durable materials on the market
- Maintenance - Generally low maintenance but can rust if not primed and painted every so often
- Security - Very secure and at low risk of damage or breakage
Our Steel powder coated doors are made from ArcelorMittal’s Magnelis®. More information on Magnelis® can be found here. The doors have a polyester powder coated finish in a choice of 8 colours. This finish will last for many years without any need for painting. The Cartmel and Rivington designs are also available in wood grain laminate foil finishes. An occasional clean is all that is required to keep these doors looking as new.
Fibreglass Garage Doors (GRP)
When it comes to GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) or Fibreglass doors, it’s all about the looks. The right choice in design can enhance the looks of your home.
- Look - Made in moulds which allow real depth in the pattern profiles as well as authentic graining in woodgrain designs
- Strength - Last a long time and are ideal for adverse weather conditions
- Maintenance - Generally low maintenance but if scratches or damage occurs, they can stand out and are difficult to repair
- Security - Solidly constructed and very secure
Select Garage Doors supply up and over garage doors and side hinged garage doors which are available in both GRP and Steel.